SMC on Mac computers and laptops
Learn what SMC (System Management Controller) on Mac computers and laptops. Also in this article describes the symptoms need to reset the SMC on a Mac with an Intel processor.
SMC computers and laptops Mac
Learn what SMC (System Management Controller) on computers and Mac notebooks. Also in this article describes the symptoms need to reset the SMC on a Mac with an Intel processor.
Why use SMC?
System Management Controller (SMC) responsible for these and other low-level functions on a Mac with an Intel processor,
- response to pressing the power button,
- a reaction to the opening and closing the lid on your Mac laptop ,
- battery management,
- temperature control,
- sensor sudden movement (SMS)
- ambient light sensor,
- status indicator control,
- indicators battery status,
- selection outer (instead of inner) video sources for individual displays iMac.
How do I find the need to reset the parameters of SMC?
- The computer fan rotates at high speed, even though the computer is not heavily loaded and vented properly.
- The keyboard backlight is not working correctly.
- The status indicator (if available) is illuminated properly.
- Battery indicators (if any) do not work correctly on Mac laptops with a non-removable battery.
- Backlight incorrectly responds to changes in ambient light.
- Mac computer does not respond to pressing the power button.
- Mac laptop not responding to the closing or opening of the cover. < / li>
- Mac computer suddenly goes into sleep mode or turned off, after which it can not turn.
- The battery does not charge properly.
- Computer MacBook or MacBook Pro will not charge through the USB-C integrated port.
- Computer MacBook or MacBook Pro does not recognize the external devices connected to its built-in USB-C port.
- LED MagSafe power adapter indicator (if available) correctly displays the current state of charge.
- Mac computer running unusually slowly, despite the absence of excessively intensive CPU load.
- Computer Mac-enabled mode, the external display is not switched to the external display mode or vice versa as expected or switches suddenly.
- illumination around the input-output ports on the computer mac Pro (end of 2013) is not activated when you move your computer
Before you reset the parameters of SMC,.
Follow all suggested below in the order listed, before resetting the parameters of the SMC. Check for problems after each step.
- If your Mac does not respond, press and hold the power button until it turns off. Unsaved work in any open program will be lost. Then turn on your Mac, again by pressing the power button.
- Press Command-Option-Escape, to forcibly close programs that do not meet.
- Move your Mac to sleep by choosing Apple ()> «sleep. Print the computer from sleep after he went to sleep.
- Restart your computer Mac by choosing Apple menu> Restart».
- Turn off your Mac, choose Apple menu> off , and then press the power button to turn on the Mac
- For a few seconds, unplug the power from your Mac and the wall outlet adapter, and then reconnect.
- Choose Apple> «off».
- After turning off the computer Mac, remove and reinsert the battery, if it is removable
- Press the power button to turn the computer on Mac
If your Mac laptop is used, no problems with power supply or battery, follow these steps,.
Date,.. 1 July 2020. text and the style of presentation in this article – the author. Author – Bushinsky Herman, founder Eplsin